In today’s modern world, we are all more interconnected than ever before, and our thoughts and feelings can have a ripple effect on the lives of others. This connected state is due to several factors, including:
- The rise of social media and always-on platforms allows us to easily connect with people worldwide and share our thoughts and feelings. For better or worse, constant sharing has made society more interdependent.
- Globalisation means we are all more reliant on each other than ever before. What happens in one part of the world can have a knock-on effect on different regions and economies.
- Many of the issues we face today, such as climate change and inequality, are global problems that require global solutions, which we must solve collaboratively.
As a community, we are responsible for caring about each other and working together to create a better world. If we are all affected by each other's worries and dreams, then we should all do our part to make the world a better place for everyone.
Introducing PepTalk Family
With this in mind, we've launched a new feature called PepTalk Family that lets you share our inspirational PepTalks and practical advice with friends and loved ones — in fact, anyone you know might benefit from it.
There's no limit to the number of shares you can make, and no accounts are required. You only need to remember that a share is valid for seven days.
Why is sharing so important?
Sharing knowledge is essential for growth because it allows people to learn from each other and build on their ideas. It can help people to solve problems more effectively, make better decisions, and innovate.
If we see someone else struggling, we often empathise with them and want to help. Or, if we see someone else achieving their dreams, we may be inspired to pursue our own goals. That’s why if you have a loved one who needs a PepTalk, you can now easily share practical advice from someone who’s been-there-done-that or inspire them with one of our powerful expert stories.
At work, sharing knowledge can spark creativity and lead to new ideas and innovations. When people are exposed to different ways of thinking and doing things, they are more likely to develop new and innovative solutions to problems. A cheeky share from the right expert might be one way of getting buy-in for your big ideas.
While the stressors vary from person to person, many studies have illustrated how family life can affect workplace performance. PepTalk Family is a world-first learning benefit you can offer your employees — allowing them to share practical advice on everything from bereavement to parenting and even career growth with their loved ones.
Whether personal or professional, people can make more informed decisions when they share knowledge, as having access to different perspectives and ideas. In turn, this benefits workplace effectiveness.
In addition to these benefits for individuals, sharing knowledge is also essential for the growth of organisations. When organisations encourage knowledge sharing as a habit, they create a network effect and can become more innovative and competitive.
Start sharing now
Want to start sharing inspiration today? Here are some of our most popular PepTalks for sharing. Simply log in and hit the share button:
- How to Design Your Work Day So You Thrive with Selina Barker
- Reframing How to “Cope” With Challenges with Michael James Wong
- Tips For Building A Healthy Brain with Kimberley Wilson
- 5 Ways to Host More Inclusive Virtual Meetings with Daniela Herrera
- Business Lessons From a Fighter Pilot with Mandy Hickson